Active Topics

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Just checked out a demo of the htc touchflo 3d and it showed animated weather wallpapers. If it's raining it rains on the wallpaperor if it s cloudy its cloudy on the wallpaper. Does or will maemo apps support these features.

Not sure if the n900 would support that by default (probably not) Something like that could certainty be hacked (like it has already on the n800/n810). Though it does eat up CPU usage and kill your battery life within hours.. But it's more likely we would see a widget that supports that, since the widgets on the n900 are capable of live updates. Could be a great suggestion though.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

yeah it would be cool to see more apps interact with yous surroundings.

Well there are applications that support GPS data already. E.g. omweather for the internet tablets have a GPS option in which it can update based off where your GPS location is. So all that would need to change is just to make an animation for the widget on the n900.

But I would love to see even more location aware application. Maybe even a "did you know" widget. Where depending on your GPS location it pulls up an interesting wikipedia article about that area.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Well there are applications that support GPS data already. E.g. omweather for the internet tablets have a GPS option in which it can update based off where your GPS location is. So all that would need to change is just to make an animation for the widget on the n900.

But I would love to see even more location aware application. Maybe even a "did you know" widget. Where depending on your GPS location it pulls up an interesting wikipedia article about that area.
yeai that would be great on my next cross country road trip. i think animations in apps will play a big part in bringing the masses to maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to kryptoniankid17 For This Useful Post: