Hi,

hope to get my bluetooth keyboard/mouse combination from keysonic paired: ACK-340 BT

My N810 had some troubles to connect to it.
And the mouse support was not fully implemented.

Hope this is better with the N900 (true bluetooth support, mouse cursor support).

Anyone having a bluetooth mouse / keyboard connected with the N900?

Please write your working models here to give everyone a feeling which ones work to turn the N900 in a desktop computer.

Regards,
asys3

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
bump...
i am also interested in knowing this

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Not sure if keyboards will be better with N900
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2166#c25

This doesn't mean it won't work. It just looks that focus in Maemo5 was elsewhere so any improvement related to this may be a happy coincidence :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The bug for mouse not working in Maemo was marked "Fixed in Fremantle" so in theory it should work. BT keyboards should work also, although you'll supposedly need to edit the config file to get keyboards working (and mice, too, I presume).

EDIT: My connection to t.m.o. timed out and I had to repost... In the meantime, the most excellent fanoush beat me to it with a better answer...

Last edited by qole; 2009-10-06 at 07:49.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
So if I understand it correctly, Nokia doesn't provide a UI for BT-keyboard any longer with M5.

If I enable the respective BT-profile via this config file... where would I, say, define special keys or set the language for the keyboard etc.?

Sorry if this answer is obvious from the config - I don't know what it looks like.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sweden
I do hope BT Keyboard and mouse will work as then connecting through the TV out, the true "Pocket PC" is here, that would ROCK !

No need hooking up to exchange servers for files, however the MS Office readers are not yet ready...saw that in this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...011#post340011

The Following User Says Thank You to McChicken For This Useful Post:
Tomorrow I'll leave to the summit in Amsterdam and can bring a mini bluetooth / mouse combination keyboard to test keyboard and mouse pairing and working with a N900.

If anyone have a N900 and is interested in trying - send me a private mail and we can arrange a meeting at the summit days!

Would be nice to see what works!

asys3

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
In some ways its a shame the N900 does not have VGA or HDMI. Would be pretty amazing to suddenly plug it into a monitor and bang, a pocket Linux machine.

Sure you can do it over composite, but is going to look pretty bad from the distance you normally use a computer from the screen.

I just saw this announced talk at the summit (sat. 10th oct) that should cover 100% of our discussion here

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2...k_in_Fremantle