Active Topics

Having an interesting problem with the built-in BT connectivity between my car and the N900 - all of the control and status aspects work as intended, and the audio seems to connect, but doesn't work properly. That is, it sounds as though it's been heavily compressed to the point of being unintelligible, or it's being really choppy or something.

That's the problem - I don't know exactly what the issue is, so I feel it's not the right thing to open a bug report on. I was hoping someone out in the community that's been working with the BT side of things on this phone might be able to help me debug the connection and find out what's causing the problem. Love the phone, love the car, but this will drive me insane if I can't use it handsfree!

So if anyone has any ideas, similar problems, or perhaps has some clue as to how we can narrow it down to phone hardware or software differences, it'd be much appreciated!

(fyi, the car does work properly with my nokia 8800 and a few generations of RAZR, etc. at least on the voice side of things, so it seems like it's a nuanced incompatibility between the configurations?)

edit note: the car headunit is the stock QNX system found in a bunch of Nissan cars

oh lol lol lol

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I've had a variety of similar issues but mainly with the other end receiving an echo of their own voice. Pressing the button 'Headset' to disconnect the audio routing, then again to reconnect it whilst in a call seems to clear the issue for a period. It might be worth your while trying that first. My car has Nokia kit fitted and works fine with other Ymbian phones too.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Check this out.. maybe the same problem

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8246