Active Topics

I want to create a folder to put all my games in. How do i do it on the n900? other N series have the option but this one don't. Touching anywhere but an icon just takes your back to the previous page menus. Can someone help me? or is it even possible?

Also how do i edit my menu? All the icons inside the More icon are not moveable ><

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
At present the internal menu cannot be edited, even reordering of icons. Folders in the menu are not supported either.

If you just want all quick route to all your games in one place how about adding shotcuts to the same desktop, thats what it is there for.

Last edited by Fargus; 2009-12-11 at 03:13. Reason: Typo: stubby fingers and N900 keyboard!!

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
At present the internal menu cannot be edited, even reordering of icons. Folders in the menu are not supported either.

If you just want all quick route to all your games in one place how about adding shotcuts to the same desktop, thats what it is there for.
Yes but the icons on the desktop are way too big. Limited of 12 in each screen 12 x 4 = 48 icons for the perfect fit, unless you cramp them into each other which kind of look ******ed. A phone with 32gb should be able to organize files like every other N series wouldn't you think? For desktop home screen its more preferable to put widgets and other files of course but mainly better for widget because of what it can do. An easier access would be through folder rather than having your favorite selection on certain screens. In the "MORE" folder every files that you download cramps in there and it is difficult looking for something when is needed. Hopefully Nokia release this option for the next update. It's a little bit lame on how you have to search where the files is when there's so many in there unorganized.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I asked this question almost two months ago. The OS needs folders so we can place icons in them rather than scattered on four screens.

Then again, at the rate apps are being added to the repositories, we might be fine with what we have now for a while

Example:
Games
Tools
Media
Info
etc
etc

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I asked this question almost two months ago. The OS needs folders so we can place icons in them rather than scattered on four screens.

Then again, at the rate apps are being added to the repositories, we might be fine with what we have now for a while

Example:
Games
Tools
Media
Info
etc
etc
Totally agree. In the future we'll get more apps and this option will be needed. Hope next patch adds that ability because everything is scattered.

The Following User Says Thank You to franny87 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
The problem is that S60 is a mature phone system whilst Maemo is still finding its feet. Totally agree with the use case though. You ould always add it to brainstorm if not already there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post: