Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
I might be doing something wrong but I think developing with scratchbox rather difficult.

I am developing with python and every time I need to copy files in and out, specially source code since it is starting to get to big, either I need to download the files with the browser or copy/paste source code from my local dev env to scratchbox.

Is there a better way of doing things? I want to open the source code file from scratchbox directly from my OS and also being able to send the files to some specified scratchbox directly.

The Following User Says Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
I am developing with python and every time I need to copy files in and out, specially source code since it is starting to get to big, either I need to download the files with the browser or copy/paste source code from my local dev env to scratchbox.

Is there a better way of doing things? I want to open the source code file from scratchbox directly from my OS and also being able to send the files to some specified scratchbox directly.
The default scratchbox installation is in /scratchbox. You'll find your scratchbox home directory in something like /scratchbox/users/home/your-login-name/home/your-login-name. That is the file system you see inside scratchbox can be seen as /scratchbox/users/home/your-login-name under your host system.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
that will help me a LOT.

thanks dude..

kiitos palion

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
It is also useful to notice that other directories apart from home can be found under /scratchbox/users/your-login-name/targets. There are directories for each target. For example for Fremantle you have directories FREMANTLE_X86 and FREMANTLE_ARMEL.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I'm usually doing a --bind mount outside of Scratchbox to get my stuff into Scratchbox:

Code:
sudo mount --bind /path/to/my/projects /scratchbox/users/mgrimme/home/mgrimme/Projects/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
I've simply made a symlink from the absolute path to the scratchbox home, in my 'real' home directory. I.e. $HOME/scratchbox -> /scratchbox/users/... etc.

This gives me easy access to the place in scratchbox where I have my software. I keep a couple of xterms open, one accesses the area via 'scratchbox', the other is my normal login. I use the latter to edit stuff with my normal editor, and I use 'git' to keep things under version control. The scratchbox xterm I use to actually build software, but everything else takes place in the normal login.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post: