Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Check out this video on Gizmodo

n8 doesn't do well at all.
I benchmarked my n900, and well... it is quick to take photos and thats about it.

My n900 can.
17 seconds to e-mail (when my n900 is running smooth)
46 seconds to find a destination
5 seconds to take a photo and auto focus.

comment: Nokia it looks like to portrait keyboard is a good idea after all ! and the n900 PIM is still at the bottom of the pile.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
N8 will do bad on any american iphone fanboy site.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
That seems like a reasonable estimation of practical speed/performance comparison.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

the guy with N8 was not even trying he does big pauses with no movements, its not a very good comparison any way when its three different people on each device, the fastest could be fast using any and slowest slow on all.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Wow that video was eye opening.......about Gizmodo intentions.

e: Clearly the iPhone sucks compared to a real keyboard

Last edited by mikec; 2010-10-02 at 06:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Wow that video was eye opening.......about Gizmodo intentions.
exactly and people lap this crap up without thinking.
the engadget N8 v Iphone 4 camera comparison was worst comparison ever. they tried hard to take wost shots ever with N8
All other sites show N8 camera to be way better than iphone 4 and cnet show it close to a compact camera although they hated symbian the liked hardwae design http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-pho...view-50000971/
engadget also hid all iphone EXIF data while only embedded it on N8, how can you tell comparison was fair and phones was using same settings.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I wonder how fast does the N8 camera actually start. Did the guy in that video launched the camera app from the main menu or from the hardware button?
If it was done thru the hardware button then they should have shaved 10 seconds (of 14 total) in that last comparison for N8.

re: iphone4 vs n8 camera comparison.

Actually the iphone 4 pictures look just about right. They come off slightly over saturated and enhanced contrast. Surely it's due to more aggressive software processing. Less natural but it's what makes pictures 'pop'.

ps: When you want to 'retaliate' against inaccurate bloggers like engadget, it's best to just point out the exact spots that they're wrong about. Getting angry and emotional about them just discredits yourself before you even make the point. imho.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
lol , guys take a closer look on that video

1. The person who uses N8 is really dumb and doesnt know what is where, how can you compare speed if he is much slower and unfamiliar with the device than others, YES he is slow not phone. Look how he finds email app , maps etc

2. I would like to see actual GPS results , sure iPhone found location but they are inside a building how come they got signal and only N8 was searching for satellites?

3. They time it took to take and process a 12 mp picture is clearly about 6-7 seconds not 14 , and its impressive for a phone

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Gizmodo is Apple's b!+ch and BGR and Engadget aren't far behind.... Don't expect fair and unbiased opinions from those motley crews when it concerns the iPhone.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scribbles For This Useful Post:
The problem with all touchscreen phone reviews these days is that the reviewer invariably has been using an iPhone on a daily basis for the last few years and has become overly familiar with the interface, which hasn't changed in that time regardless of model. They have been trained by the Apple interface to modify the way they do things to fit the iPhone and have expectations on what can be achieved modelled on the iPhone.They then proceed to 'try' a model out from a different manufacturer for an hour, which fails immediately in their limited minds because it doesn't do things exactly the same way as they're now used to . They won't even think to try doing things that an iPhone can't do, why would they.

I'm waiting for the E7 to be released and to see a review where the reviewer doesn't realise there's a keyboard, lol. I mean, why look for one if the iPhone doesn't have one?

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew_b For This Useful Post: