When I have bluetooth turned on, I can turn it off quickly via the little bluetooth widget thingamy at the top of the Home screen.

But that makes the thingamy disappear. Subsequently, I have to go into the Control Panel and click through a bunch of stuff to turn it back on.

Is there some way to persuade the widget thingamy to stick around, or is there some other way to quickly turn bluetooth on once it's off?

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Good question if you're using a Bluteooth peripheral such as a keyboard.

For a data connection, coudn't be easier - selecting my Bluetooth phone powers up the radio, then connects. This could even be automated, but I have the N800 autoconnect set for WLAN only.

So I have the opposite problem - on the Verizon Moto RAZR V3m, the most efficient sequence takes 9 keystrokes to power on, 10 to power off (plus flip open & closed). Wish I had a shortcut on that side. Hmmm, maybe Howard Forums...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I think this may be a bug. I set Bluetooth on, but the next time I reboot, it's off and i have to turn it on again. I think the setting *should* be persistent.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
The bluetooth status bar item disappears for me too when it's not in use - very annoying.

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I think the setting *should* be persistent.
IMHO, it "should" be configurable either way (persistent vs. manual), to accomodate different preferences.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by jpj View Post
IMHO, it "should" be configurable either way (persistent vs. manual), to accomodate different preferences.
Well, true-- but to accomodate "nonpersistent" you just uncheck the box and leave it unchecked. Heck right now there's zero persistence checked or unchecked so either way you already have that mode.

EDIT: I turned a bug report in on this.

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-01-15 at 19:48.