Active Topics

i have a nokia N810 internet tablet and since changing my broadband to talktalk, my email application wont connect.

my N810 will connect via wifi to my router but when i click the send\receive button on the email application, nothing happens. it does work if i connect via bluetooth and use the internet connection on my phone. it also worked fine on wifi before i switched to talktalk. this leads me to believe there is a seting somewhere on my router config that is blocking my N810's email appliction.

The web browser on the N810 works normally, it's just the email program that wont send/receive.

does anyone know what the problem could be?

thanks in advane.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by cd1986 View Post
i have a nokia N810 internet tablet and since changing my broadband to talktalk, my email application wont connect.

my N810 will connect via wifi to my router but when i click the send\receive button on the email application, nothing happens. it does work if i connect via bluetooth and use the internet connection on my phone. it also worked fine on wifi before i switched to talktalk. this leads me to believe there is a seting somewhere on my router config that is blocking my N810's email appliction.

The web browser on the N810 works normally, it's just the email program that wont send/receive.

does anyone know what the problem could be?

thanks in advane.

Proxy setting firewall. Some wifi network have the proxy setting which blocking email client from getting through. When ever you want to browse web pages does it asked you for user name and password? If it does then your connection won't work with email client.

Very similar to my problem at the University. Open Connection may be blocked by firewall.

email clients on all other computers work though. Could the firewall be blocking the email problem on just the Nokia?

Also, i never get any username and password requests when using the web browser, that works flawlessly.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
maybe the network has some ports closed/blocked

possibly but i'm not sure where to look of for which ports. Surely if ports 110 and 25 were blocked, i wouldn't be able to get emails on my PC either.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Yahoo has some race condition problem for IMAP email protocol via WiFi from N900. Authorization fails. You may hit the same problem.