Is there a way to use the n900 as a handsfree device using the transmitter? It would be nice to transmit the sound thur the car speakers.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by mustang_52 View Post
Is there a way to use the n900 as a handsfree device using the transmitter? It would be nice to transmit the sound thur the car speakers.
Are you talking about streaming phone calls via the speakers? Because the unit can stream music using the FM transmitter.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Are you talking about streaming phone calls via the speakers? Because the unit can stream music using the FM transmitter.
I think that's what he's tried to get at...streaming calls through the speakers...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
It rings on the FM transmitter, but I didn't accept that call while driving, so I don't know for sure.
Technically, this is possible. It's just the question whether the software allows it.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
It rings on the FM transmitter, but I didn't accept that call while driving, so I don't know for sure.
Technically, this is possible. It's just the question whether the software allows it.
Probably not working without an additional application. But we will need someone to confirm this first.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Using the FM transmitter as hands-free is exactly what I am looking for. It is been a long while since the last post. Does someone have infos?

The phone conversation came through car speakers in the previous firmware, but not anymore in pr1.1.
It wasn't very useful either because you had to hold phone to your head because of microphone. Speakerphone mode switched from car speakers to n900 speakers.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ greater manchester
any one know how to send music files from n900 using bluetooth

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by mian_asifgujar View Post
any one know how to send music files from n900 using bluetooth
Please do not ask questions irrelevant to the thread topic.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Originally Posted by Veix View Post
It wasn't very useful either [...]
A tiny box for the setting would have been useful. Every user should have the opportunity to decide between these two options. Why can't Nokia simply let the customers decide...?