Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ washington
Hi, I noticed that when I watching movies on youtube.com or some other websites online, the quality of the movies are not as good Iphone's, with same internet connection. The movies are not smooth, kind of lagging, and sometimes got stuck. Any ideas for this problem ?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Maybe there are server side problems? Or connection problems, even though you think you are on the same connection. You can never have the exact same conditions.

Mine are smooth.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
I have the same problem. I'm not so sure it is server side as watching videos on Zoutube is silky smooth

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by supersniper3008 View Post
Hi, I noticed that when I watching movies on youtube.com or some other websites online, the quality of the movies are not as good Iphone's, with same internet connection. The movies are not smooth, kind of lagging, and sometimes got stuck. Any ideas for this problem ?
if you want to replicate iPhones behaviour, use zoutube to watch youtube videos. that's where the difference is.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Aaland Islands
If you havenīt installed the 1.1.1 update yet, do it.
It sure feels like youtube videos runs a lot smoother now.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
The iPhone doesn't have flash, and has a low res screen, so you're actually watching a low-res video on a low-res screen without using flash (which hogs the CPU resources)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
In a way, iphone does smarter handling of youtube videos. In most cases people will prefer smooth full scree videos on small handheld devices anyway.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
In a way, iphone does smarter handling of youtube videos. In most cases people will prefer smooth full scree videos on small handheld devices anyway.
yes, only downsize is that if there isn't an app for that, you can only look at the blue block....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
No the reason is that the iPhone has HALF the screen resolution of the N900. So it all looks fine on a iPhone but on a higher resolution and better N900 screen they don't look so good.

BUT they should look the same as when you view them on your PC - so check what the quality is on your PC.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@ossipena:

Yes. But look at what Apple has managed to do by strongarm-ing Adobe:

http://www.9to5mac.com/ipad-tidbits-5494806

Personally, I think it's a good thing to strip off Flash' function as internet's de facto video player and to give it back to html(5).

@rash.m2k: I think that has to do more with the viewing area (screen size) than resolution. As long as the scaling function being used is sufficiently good.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!