Poll: What do you think about an alternate window environment
Poll Options
What do you think about an alternate window environment

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I am curious how many people have used any of the tarballs I have made available. So I am putting out this poll to find out some info. Have you used it, do you like it, do you want me to go away ;-)

Last edited by penguinbait; 2007-03-09 at 18:08.

I don't see no poll, but I certainly did use your first tarball on my 770 and loved it. I'm just waiting for my 2GB MMC to arrive, to install the new ROX version that looks real sweet too :-)

Sorry it took a while to type up, but thanks, you can now vote

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Missing poll option: "I like the idea of an alternate window environment, waiting for further development" (in other words, no fear)

I think there's (at least) one option missing: I have not tried it, but might in the future.

(the other 'not tried' options are, as I see it, either based on being negative to the project, or scared or worried. Some of us are neither, just acknowledging that there is an alternative that may be interesting to try, just at some other time - not now.)

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Exactly what I was thinking TA.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Missing poll option: "I like the idea of an alternate window environment, waiting for further development" (in other words, no fear)
I vote also for this one.

I understand your request, and I would gladly add it or change an option, but I can not find a way to change a poll once its submitted. Your input is still valuable though, so keep posting what you think, thanks!!

penguinbait,

this whole development is amazing a real credit to you. I want to respond to your poll but couldn't find an option that hit the spot so here is my vote!

[x] Nokia should have got penguinbait to design the N800 environment, it looks so desireable - i would love to try it but, nervous as I don't have a lot of experience of linux and i use my n800 so much couldn't afford significant down time if I messed it up. But Nokia take note - this is a really serious step forward and shows the versatility of the platform - make penguinbait your leader!

Yep that option just about covers my thoughts.

Damian

How about "Nice work ... Thanks, but no Thanks."

I'm a Linux aficionado but I really don't want all that information on my tablet's desktop -- that's what I have a real desktop computer for.

Neither do I want to worry about resizing windows or multiple desktops. I just want the information I need -- right now -- and I think Hildon is perfect for that.

Great work though!
(sorry for being a pooper)