Active Topics

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Wayfinder maps updated to maps of 2008, finally!! Can anyone confirm this? I saw this with a diablo fresh install.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano For This Useful Post:
Yes, all maps are marked as version 2008.1

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Geneva,Switzerland
Does this mean we have to re-download the regional maps?

Yes, you have to

The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano For This Useful Post:
I downloaded 2008.1 Scandinavia map, but I can't find any missing roads or errors fixed in Finland.

Some errors are:
- missing runway from Helsinki-Vantaa (built in 2002)
- missing railroad from Kerava to Lahti (built 2006)

and couple of smaller errors. Did they just change version numbers or are there any real improvements?

Well, the maps now are bigger in MB, spain for exemple, 192MB-244MB. Surely there are improvements. And i saw that all (i think) are now bigger.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
You know not all roads make navigation maps. Some may never make a map.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Actually Google Maps have exactly the same errors. Looks like Tele Atlas is just slow updating their data.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I downloaded 2008.1 Scandinavia map, but I can't find any missing roads or errors fixed in Finland.

Some errors are:
- missing runway from Helsinki-Vantaa (built in 2002)
- missing railroad from Kerava to Lahti (built 2006)

and couple of smaller errors. Did they just change version numbers or are there any real improvements?
it looked the same with germany map until i removed the old one

With Daiblo instaled, I noticed that new maps were available for the UK and Ireland: 2008.1 as against my older 2006.7.

One warning: the 'favourites' seem to be associated with individual maps, rather than global across all maps. Switching from

UK-Ireland TA2006.07 143MB

to

UK-Ireland 2008.1 164MB

lost all my favourites! Fortunately, I had not deleted the 2006.07 maps and was able to find where the favourites are stored.

cp /media/mmc2/map/mapdata_UK-Ireland2/favourites.txt /media/mmc2/map/mapdata/favourites.txt

made all my favourites available with the new maps.

(Does anyone know the format of that file, by the way? I'd like to import a lot of locations from other GPS devices.)

I have notcied some changes/mprovements in the actual map data: e.g. the new A30 section in Cornwall near "Victoria Roche GBR" is now present. (I drove that section a couple of weeks ago with the 2006.7 map, and Wayfinder got rather confused as I was driving through fields!)

Simon.