Notices

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Hello,
I wanted to know if anyone here has a suggestion for a nice looking voicemail icon for the voicemail contact I have on one of my desktops.

I havn't been able to find a nice looking one.

Thanks!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
what is wrong with the yellow default icon for voicemail?

Hi
Which icon? How do you know when you have a new voicemail?? I donīt have any icon or sign!!
Thanks

it's not about knowing when/that you have voice mail. you'll be notified by sms.

it's about a contact shortcut to put on your desktop so you caneasily access your mailbox. and this contact is represented by a yellow icon that somehow resembles an audio cassette.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
it's not about knowing when/that you have voice mail. you'll be notified by sms...
That will depend on your operator supplying a text, you might need to notify them to do this. There is a standard for a specially formatted SMS to turn on voicemail indicators for handsets that support it. I believe that the N900 doesn't support this.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
...it's about a contact shortcut to put on your desktop so you caneasily access your mailbox. and this contact is represented by a yellow icon that somehow resembles an audio cassette.
I'd love to know ow you found this icon? I've not seen it: perhaps a few notes for the rest of us and maybe a screenshot?

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
I'd love to know ow you found this icon? I've not seen it: perhaps a few notes for the rest of us and maybe a screenshot?
i didn't really 'find' it. it was there in my contacs. name 'voicemail'.

i remember reading in a bug report a while ago that your sim-card needs to have a certain flag set with this entry so your n900 knows which one is the voicemail number and that not all operators do this properly. try going to 'settings' in the contacts application and see if 'voicemail' is set. if not, you'll probably be able to set it manually. maybe this will change it for you then.
Attached Images

Last edited by benny1967; 2010-05-31 at 06:45.

Well, I have to agree with dBrodie. Even though there is an SMS saying that you have a voicemail, if you close it without checking it at that time, you can forget. The icon that looks like an audio cassette is standard on every phone I have ever had (except iPhone but visual voicemail for the N900 seems like it will never come to fruition).
My issue is this: Is there a way to keep a notifier icon with the number of un-listened messages on the taskbar? Say next to the time?

The Following User Says Thank You to sierra052 For This Useful Post: