I've been trying to buy a N900 on contract on the network O2, so I called up to find that they aren't selling it, so I decided to go onto the Carphone Warehouse website, called them up and they also don't have it (yet it's on their site ). This week I'm headin' in to the store to see if they know any helpful info.

So, how did you get your N900? That would really help me out.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Got mine on preorder in Nov with Mobile Phones Direct.
Search the forum for MPD oders its one of the biggest threads ever and could pass away a couple of days reading all our winges and gripes on when it was going to turn up.
Those were the days many a false call with the mailman

I bought mine from Nokia Retail (www.nokiaretail.co.uk). The site seems to be down at the moment though!

If you can afford the initial outlay its more economical to buy it SIM free, if you buy from Nokia through QuidCo you get 10%. So Direct from Nokia @ £479, then QuidCo send you £47.90 making the phone £431.10.

Plus a contract or SIM deal of some sort.

I bought mine from Vodafone for £450 SIM free, I'm on a contract £15/month for 600mins, unlimited texts and internet.

Neil

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Got mine from voafone £40 a month 1200 mins, unlimited texts landline and internet, 2 year contract though

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
I got mine, SIM free, from Amazon UK for £399 (it appears it was an unwanted upgrade as I have the Vodafone firmware but, strangely, no branding) and signed up to O2 Simplicity for £10 per month with unlimited internet for an extra £5 a month.
I initially tried to buy it from CPW on a T-Mobile contract but it was like banging my head off a brick wall.

I got mine from Ebay got it delivered from US to Manchester. Sim free for 470 quids. I have been using 3 and shifted my monthly contract to sim only one month that is 15 quids per month..

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
i got mine from mobiles.co.uk on vodafone 600mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data and email, vodafone passport plus the first 3 months half price i paid £69.99 for the phone and it is 40 a month but only 12 month contract.

Must be getting more popular the prices have gone up.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
I got mine from the Nokia Store in December. Sadly, the store is no more.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
mobiles.co.uk

£69.99 for the phone

Vodafone / 600 minutes, Ult Txts, Ult Web @ £25 per month 2 year contract.

got it before xmas.

regretted it ever since

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to starman For This Useful Post: