Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
hi togehter,

i "found" a Problem with the N900 and wanted to ask if anybody else does have it.

So here is the step by step way to get the bug:

1. open the camera shutter behind
2. the camera starts normally, photos can be taken
3. i set it to automatic video and try to make a video
4. the camera menue closes and brings me back to the desktop..
a black beam comes up over the whole screen *near the clock*
if you tap on the clock to get the menue for shutdown etc the beam is still over the menue too..
5. the nearly full loaded battery get empty in a hour and the n900 get such a hot temprature that you can feel it burn in your jeans pocket.

Iam really happy that this wasnt brick my n900 i hope its just a bug and no hardware problem.

*edit fw: latest n900 over the air upate*

best regards Crown

Last edited by crown77; 2010-03-29 at 07:14.

I opend a Bug about this Problem:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9753

hi guys after exploreing the Problem a little bit more intensive i found out that the error is about the destination folder for the camera pics and videos is set to the mermory card. The Memory Card seems to be fully locked for write operations.

Does anybody know about this Problem why is the mermory card suddenly locked i did the last photo last week with my n900 and all was good.

Is there a way to unlock the memory card its a mini so there is no hard button on the card itselves to lock it.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
hi guys after exploreing the Problem a little bit more intensive i found out that the error is about the destination folder for the camera pics and videos is set to the mermory card. The Memory Card seems to be fully locked for write operations.

Does anybody know about this Problem why is the mermory card suddenly locked i did the last photo last week with my n900 and all was good.

Is there a way to unlock the memory card its a mini so there is no hard button on the card itselves to lock it.
locked? if its locked, it will need or ask for a code to unlock it,

if the issue is Corrupted, you just need to reformat.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
It sounds like the filesystem on the memory card is a little corrupted, which causes the N900 (and other Linux devices) to mount the filesystem readonly - this allows you to read files off the card but doesn't allow writes, to try and prevent further corruption.

The bug or missing feature here is that the N900 should detect this situation and at least tell you about it, rather than silently fail.

hi guys thx for the information i will try to format the minisd again and hope this works.