Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
Pretty much as the title suggests. NM keeps re-downloading emails in a fairly random fashion (25-30 of about 60) no matter how often I delete them!

?!?

Nokia's solution... delete Nokia Messaging! Which would be fine but means I lose Push-like email!

Very helpful Nokia! </sarcasm>

Yeah i get random email alerts for message downloaded a day or two and deleted emails reappearing.
I hope there is a decent update for email client in the pipeline nothing fancy but it be nice if it could do the basics

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Does anyone not have issues with Nokia Messaging and the N900?

I've got my gmail feeding through Nokia Messaging and the list of missing functions beggars belief:
Can't read emails in any box except the inbox (no headers are downloaded)
Can't read inbox emails that wern't received on the phone (i.e. if the phone is off and an email comes in and i read it on another device it will never be accessible on the phone)
Can't send emails
Often when you 'read' a mail this is not flagged as such on the server (same with marking read emails as unread).

Seems like a complete shambles to me - and soon they want to start charging for it??!
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Not something you would pay for in the state it's currently in, is it?

Are there any other decent push e-mail services out there we could use? Hopefully Google'll add it to gmail....

It's been absolutely fine for me until a couple of days ago. Now I've had roughly 10 emails today and my phone has downloaded 563 of them!

Pulling my hair out - especially at Nokia's blasé atitude!