Posts: 49 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow, Russia
I'm trying looking a way to implement a script that will change my presense on different events.

I know that there are several scripts flying around that directly change precense settings using telepathy dbus interfaces.
That's good, but a bit annoying that after running such a script, presence state shown in GUI (e.g. icon that appears in status menu) no longer matches reality.

What I'm looking for is some way to automatically select one of "precense profiles" that I've defined in preceise ui.

I've already found that component responsible for that UI is rtcom-notification-ui, that it is represented on session dbus as com.nokia.rtcom-notification-ui, and that it's configuration file is /home/user/.osso/.rtcom-presence-ui.cfg where current profile number is stored in ActiveProfile= line in [General] section.

I guess it should be possible to make it switch current ptofile - either over dbus, or by altering config file (sed -i may help) and then restarting something.
However I can't find a working method, although tried many things

Any hints?

Last edited by yoush; 2010-02-05 at 21:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to yoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow, Russia
Found that if I alter ActiveProfile= in /home/user/.osso/.rtcom-presence-ui.cfg and then kill hildon-status-menu (and it is automatically restarted), then rtcom-notification-ui reads it's config and shows new setting in GUI. But it does not trigger actual presence change in telepathy...

I may combine this with manual talk to telepathy, but that's really ugly

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Paris / France
I've been looking for this feature since i've got my n900. I'm happy i'm not alone (I hate when people from my job call me at midnight ! )

Have you got any progress since your post ?