Notices

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Lately, (probably because everybody has devel enabled) nice software never gets promoted to testing. I know that the maintainer alone can promote to testing. I generally don't want to install things from devel, mainly fearing for battery life.If the developer thinks the app is ready for testing it's good enough for me. But in devel you can find broken packages that can eat your brains etc etc.

Lately however I have installed (by enabling devel temporarily) some applications that can't possibly harm your phone in any way (theme 154 for example)

I urge developers to be a little easier to promote if they don't fear severe bugs. After all that's what testing is all about. There, apps will be scrutinized before they get to extras.

ps. that goes for me too, I shall promote speedcrunch to testing

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
i also second the motion to have more software whitin extra testing as i do like to test as many programs as possssible... i love those lil thumbs

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mohi2k7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Noticed this too -- new, shiny and cool software doesn't hit the stable repos easily. For more experienced users, extras-devel is a thousand times better than Extras

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
testing repos do not take much time to update or upload packages as they are always enabled but devel repository really takes a lot of time to upload packages ,so probably it will be much fascinating for everyone to download any app any time,if the stable devel packages get transported to testing repositories.
hope TMOs care to do this job any time soon .

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I always work on promoting the packages I maintain down the line as best I can. I'm currently getting maintainership of macchanger from the previous maintainer, so as soon as I have some free time I'll add an icon and bugtracker to it, as well as all the other little requirements, then I'll push it down to testing.

aircrack-ng, which I maintain too, is currently promoted all the way to Extras, so that's all good. The only other program I maintain is alpine, which I haven't pushed down to testing yet because I can't quiet get some of the stuff I want working to work with the packaging. But that will be promoted in due time.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:

Do i need say something else?

Grettings.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Vetting applications is probably the most essential and wanted thing on this community because of all the problems incurred from either bad code or lack of field testing.

It would dramatically cut down the problematic threads on here.

Something i asked for a LONG time ago on TMO !.

Is there way to get list of packages I have uploaded to the extras-devel but not yet promoted?