well as it goes.... my battery life seems to be lasting out the whole day.... may be im eating too many whacky backy cookies but it appears to be the truth.

when i first bought this phone the power didnt even last the 6 hours that other users are getting but since a few days ago i notice that its lasting out till 8:30pm or just about 1/4 on the batt meter. hhhmmm

so im thinking has the batt reached its peak performance and how long will it hold here untill the performance starts to rolls downhill.

i am always online google, hotmail, skype and fb.
30 mins listening to music or net streams via nokia via bluetooth headset. checking emails manual retrieval settings, scanning the web and reading pdf's. ofcourse these are not done all at the same time.

any have any other user notice this battery performance pattern or am i playing myself for a fool

thanks
CN

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Call me paranoid but I think the batterylife somehow gets better couple of weeks after flashing. Does the os somehow adjust powersaving to your usage?

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Personally, I haven't noticed any dramatic improvements in battery life after using it for a few week.

The only pattern I noticed in 7 months of using the phone is randomness. In most cases, the battery will last me around 12-14 hours with reasonably light usage - just about enough to get through a day but not enough if I have to go out.

Regularly though, the battery will die mid-afternoon after just 6-7 hours for no particular reason. Some background process decides to use up all the CPU while the phone is idle in my pocket and that's my phone gone for the day.

Sometimes, this is just an isolated event. But occasionally, the phone will decide to die mid-afternoon for a week or two and then suddenly revert to lasting until the evening - again for no particular reason. I guess there's a certain cuteness in these random mood swings. Like a little child having a tantrum and then calming down.

The Following User Says Thank You to mehdiE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Mine got a pretty decent battery life after PR1.2. Straight after update it lasted three days, now it lasts ~2.5 days.

For me it's the radios.

I gave up on using the n900 as a primary device. So i don't need to have the radios on all the time. When I need the internet. I switch them on.

In offline mode. it lasts a good 3 days.

I just checked it's still on. Make that 4 days

Last edited by Corso85; 2010-06-09 at 21:20.

I'm reading all kind of messages saying something like 1 day battery life at most. From the beginning (september 2009, PR 1 or so) I got up to 4 days with moderate usage as a plain phone (no wifi, no 3G, no GPS, no bluetooth). Using the power kernel and "ideal" settings, I get by even longer (I never manage to get 5 days of no usage though :-)).
Of course using wifi, gps or bluetooth eats away your battery, but that happens on every device (ask any iphone or android user when they need to recharge when doing the same).
So no battery complains here.