Notices

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Hello all,I became stupidly addicted to a game called "N" a while ago and now I have my Game Gripper I think it would be a perfect arcade game for our N900s.

There is a Linux version so I would ask if it is possible on our device? And in fact if it is even legal to port it? Its free ware but I know that does not necessarily mean you can do what you like with it.

http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3bZu...eature=related

Did I mention you get to be a Ninja in this game

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

This was originally a flash game, that was ported a standalone game, that was ported to the Nintendo DS, then to the PSP that was then ported to Mac and Linux (although I think it's still just the original flash game being run standalone). Chances are the flash game will run just fine on the N900.

Merry Christmas:
http://static.onemorelevel.com/games/ngame.swf
Either open in the N900 browser, or download it and run with FlashLauncher application. Even more fantastic is the keys are remappable.

Last edited by IzzehO; 2010-08-30 at 03:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
The flash version is good, but as with all flash on this device a bit jerky/laggy. Is it possible to get the downloadable version working you think?

Last edited by devensega; 2010-08-30 at 09:43. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by devensega View Post
The flash version is good, but as with on flash on this device a bit jerky/laggy. Is it possible to get the downloadable version working you think?
Not without a source code, no. The flash version runs perfectly on mine at 800MHz with FlashLauncher.

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
works fine on mine too @ 850mhz but there are sooo many more better games in the repo's, if you like platform style games then try supertux.
Just my opinion though,
if this game does float your boat then it definately runs fine with flash launcher @ 850mhz

Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
works fine on mine too @ 850mhz but there are sooo many more better games in the repo's, if you like platform style games then try supertux.
Just my opinion though,
if this game does float your boat then it definately runs fine with flash launcher @ 850mhz
N is cool because of it physics engine, you get a real feeling of movement/inertia when moving your little ninja dude about. Best platformer I have played on N900 (apart from Mario) is Frogatto which is brand new in extra's dev.

I will give flash launcher another go, had it when it was new but found it no better than just running the .swf directly. I think things have changed going by recent posts.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
The flash version is good, but as with all flash on this device a bit jerky/laggy. Is it possible to get the downloadable version working you think?
Don't you get it? The swf linked is the downloadable version....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
Don't you get it? The swf linked is the downloadable version....
I think they are different mate. The proper downloadable install has many more levels and a level maker, there is a massive community for this game with thousands of fan made levels.

However; its all a mute point as although the game is free its not open source.

So yes I do "get it".....