Hey guys ! I am a new user on this website and I'd like to know if someone has an idea about using msn pecan when WAP internet is activated!
The problem is that msn pecan works but when I connect to a WAP it doesn,t work.

Any way to solve this problem guys?

sorry I posted this before on "brainstorm" category and that is a mistake from me!

hello
you must to use msn Haze
that's better than pecan
because the pecan dosn't work with 3G sometimes

or you can to use pidgin internet messenger
download it from Gatalogues
or qutIM also download it from Gatalogues

or fring also

you are welcome

The Following User Says Thank You to dadoabdallah For This Useful Post:
Hi!

I thank you for your reply!

I also tried msn haze and other msns but still won't work.

The problem is that Msn pecan and Msn haze work normally on my n900 when I am connected to a wifi connecetion. But, when I change the wifi connection to a WAP connection the msn pecan and haze wonn't run.

Isn't there a way to solve this error or is there a problem with ma settings?

thanks a lot!

If it's a data rate problem:
Check your network settings and if necessary and find out the APN details for your provider's mobile internet connections. The N900 supports 3.5G connections and on paper can transfer 10Mbps, though I'm not sure that's actually possible but it can stream films on a good connection. You need to use the GPRS connection. The N900 is a tablet, so uses tablet-like connection settings. Have a look at the fMMS thread for more info because fMMS uses WAP, while your internet should use the GPRS one; I believe they cannot be used simultaneously - i.e. I think no MMS-ing when you're using a mobile web connection.

Also, check with your network to see what protocols are permitted (or not). It might be that msn is not compatible with your network.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
hey demolition..
thanks a lot for ur help.
My mobile phone number cann't suport gprs internet and that's why am using WAP.

However can you please tell me how can I check for the protocols that are permitted or not? i mean what should I do to check these settings?

Last edited by common; 2011-10-04 at 16:58.

Your number can't support GPRS? Most bizarre. The N900 is a GPRS device so where possible you should make use of the available technology.

Have you read the fMMS thread?

You need to do a search for what the protocols are for msn. I have no idea on that one. Once you know what they are you'll need to find out from your provider what protocols are permitted (or not).

It might be a bandwidth problem, in which case you'll need better than WAP.

Follow those steps and if you're still having trouble post back with
- your APN details,
- info about the msn protocol
- and the accepted/banned protocols of your provider. Someone will be able to help once there's more to work with.

Is there a browser-based msn chat interface? Can you use that?

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Your number can't support GPRS? Most bizarre. The N900 is a GPRS device so where possible you should make use of the available technology.

You need to do a search for what the protocols are for msn. I have no idea on that one. Once you know what they are you'll need to find out from your provider what protocols are permitted (or not).

- your APN details,
- and the accepted/banned protocols of your provider. Someone will be able to help once there's more to work with.

hi again..

yes it doesn't support gprs!In ma country there are 2 types of cellular numbers : one that supports WAP and the other that supports gprs..and mine supports WAP. But, I have no problem since I use wifi most of the time and when am out of wifi reach I use WAP.

ok I'll read the fmms thread...
And as you said I fear that the protocol isn't supported or if it's a bandwidth problem then it's worse. I'll try to find out.

hope I'll find find a solution since I like msn pecan the most.

thanks again for help!!

The Following User Says Thank You to common For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post

- your APN details,

hey demolition.... I found many titles for fmms threads...so which one are you exaxtly pointing at?or please give me it's title..
thanks in advance demolition!!

The main thread of any software is often titled [Announce] <software-name>. Also on the download page, there's often a link to a talk-thread.
If you use the search at the top of the page, that gives thread titles. If you use the one below the banners (power search), it gives you individual posts and you can see what's in the Wiki too (check the wiki).
Lastly, and it's not always reliable, but from the download page you can click on the maintainer and see what threads he/she has started, in case it wasn't announced with [Announce].