just want to share this with everyone. Since i "flashed" my n900 with pr 1.2 when it arrived (when pr1.2 arrived, not the cell), there were many things not ok with it. For example, there were never any songs or videos available to play in the media player, so i always had to use the file manager to select songs and vids. The browserd process used to automatically start consuming 99% of processor time when there was no browsing being done, just completely random and it wud just go on and never stop until the battery dies, or i kill the process from console by observing abnormal usage of it in conky (used it a lot). Umm, no photos ever showed up on the photos app, I had to select the folder filter option to list photos there. And just like browserd, tracker-indexer and 'tracker extract' used to take a LOT of time and wud start automatically. The themes wud take long time to change, i wud switch to a particular theme, the colors wud change and i'm back on the desktop and still i am waiting for wallpapers and icons to change. Basically slow functonality everywhere.
So i decided to flash the device again with emmc flash and followed the instructions on the maemo wiki page for flashing the cell phone with emmc image. That basically gets rid of all the stuff in the MyDoc, completely cleans all settings (so take backup be4). So far my n900 is working pretty ok now, its been one day, no abnormal usage by browserd, videos and songs immediately gets indexed in the mediaplayer, and photos too. There are no bugs that i'm noticing so far. I guess it was imp and i dont know what had happened before. So if anyone is having these problems, plz consider flashing lastest vanilla emmc along with the normal latest pr1.2 that suits you.

maemo wiki for emmc flash help:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...C_in_the_N900v

and i always have extras-devel enabled and use only few apps from it sometimes, i dont think that was the cause of problems i was having before.