just recorded a video while fooling around and when i tried to play it my unit says it's unsupported. wth it's its own file.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
reboot and then play it. Sometimes the codec you installed makes the player stopped recognising the file.

You can reset the codec and it should play.

thanks currently rebooting the phone

it worked although the other videos that i've converted didnt. are there any other codecs that i need to install ?

it's getting worse.

i can play the videos i recorded after rebooting the phone, but after a few minutes it doesnt supprt it again.

what seems to be the problem? it's its own videos recorded using it's own camera and software. i don't really get it

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Looks like everything goes wrong with you on N900. May be you'd consider changing your name to start with? ^^

Seriously, try the following command under xterminal with root access:
Code:
apt-get install libavcodec52
If it doesn't work you may remove it afterward:

Code:
apt-get autoremove libavcodec52 --purge

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Looks like everything goes wrong with you on N900. May be you'd consider changing your name to start with? ^^

Seriously, try the following command under xterminal with root access:
Code:
apt-get install libavcodec52
If it doesn't work you may remove it afterward:

Code:
apt-get autoremove libavcodec52 --purge
to be honest with you i don't have a clue on how to do this

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Sometimes when you try to play an unsupported file type, something gets screwed up with the media framework and ALL subsequent files will fail to play back. learn which of your files are giving you this problem, then reboot & don't try to play them back any more.

Yes it sucks that the media framework is so fragile.

Originally Posted by spanner View Post
Sometimes when you try to play an unsupported file type, something gets screwed up with the media framework and ALL subsequent files will fail to play back. learn which of your files are giving you this problem, then reboot & don't try to play them back any more.

Yes it sucks that the media framework is so fragile.
thought of that and tried erasing files that i stored in my unit, rebooted my unit and thought it was all well and fixed. but after playing a few videos that i recorded it still had the same problem

tried to uninstall exrta decoders and haven't experienced any problems as of the moment