Hi. After installing some multimedia apps (mplayer, kmplayer, sib, instinctiv), the power button on my phone is kinda dead now. However many times I press it, nothing happens. If I lock the screen using the side lock button, I can't press the power button to bring up the lock screen menu either.

And the screen doesn't auto lock any more (although I have auto lock on in the settings). After it times out and turns off the screen, just a light touch to the screen would turn it on again.

I have checked Conky and top in Xterminal but nothing belonging to the media apps is running. Is it thorough enough or is there any other way to check all the processes? How can I restart / shutdown my phone now (preferably by command, not by removing the battery).

TIA

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Code:
sudo gainroot
poweroff
Or you can use "reboot" instead of "poweroff".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zas View Post
Code:
sudo gainroot
poweroff
Or you can use "reboot" instead of "poweroff".
Thanks. It works again after the reboot. But do you know how to check what application remaps / hooks the power button but doesn't restore it when turned off?

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
There was an issue surrounding the reboot / poweroff command. Rebooting that way would cause the device to malfunction at some point (though revertable). This was on PR 1.1, I'm currently not sure about PR 1.2