Hi all .. I have a laptop on which I've been successfully using internet connection tethering using my N900 and a T-mobile $10 data plan ... Now I just bought a netbook and when I try to tether on the netbook and try going to any website, I get redirected to some web2go.com website which has the following message:

"Subscription Upsell Required
We're sorry, we are not able to help you with a plan change here. Please check my.t-mobile.com or call customer care to complete this service change."

I know the issue isn't exactly T-mobile related as I can still successfully tether the connection onto my laptop .. Its just not working for the netbook ..

I'm using Nokia PC Suite in both machines for tethering (the one running in the netbook is a few micro clicks higher in version number) ..

Any suggestions ?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Hi all .. I have a laptop on which I've been successfully using internet connection tethering using my N900 and a T-mobile $10 data plan ... Now I just bought a netbook and when I try to tether on the netbook and try going to any website, I get redirected to some web2go.com website which has the following message:

"Subscription Upsell Required
We're sorry, we are not able to help you with a plan change here. Please check my.t-mobile.com or call customer care to complete this service change."

I know the issue isn't exactly T-mobile related as I can still successfully tether the connection onto my laptop .. Its just not working for the netbook ..

I'm using Nokia PC Suite in both machines for tethering (the one running in the netbook is a few micro clicks higher in version number) ..

Any suggestions ?
I've encountered something similar. It can be difficult. Under Internet Connections (in Settings), do you have the same Access Point specified that you do in the one that doesn't have this problem?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I've encountered something similar. It can be difficult. Under Internet Connections (in Settings), do you have the same Access Point specified that you do in the one that doesn't have this problem?
Can you tell me where is this Internet Connections place ?

Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Can you tell me where is this Internet Connections place ?
Yes, as I indicated, in Settings. It's indicated with a wrench icon. Then scroll down till you see Internet Connections.

Well I manually specified the access point in Nokia PC Suite and it worked .. Although in my laptop I had selected T-Mobile, and it had still worked .. weird ..

Yes, it is weird. From Internet Connections, you could try setting a New connection with the access point etc and see if the problem still exists. Just as a test. What access point are you using?