Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Hi all,

I would like to announce a new application (well actually two), available in extras-devel.

First of all: OpenConnect, a free implementation of Cisco's AnyConnect SSL VPN, which is supported by IOS 12.4(9)T or later on Cisco SR500, 870, 880, 1800, 2800, 3800, 7200 Series and Cisco 7301 Routers.

Please note that this client cannot connect to the same VPN servers as vpnc does: those VPN concentrators use a different technology!

The original webpage for OpenConnect: http://www.infradead.org/openconnect.html
This is essentially a straight port from the original source, plus some modifications for maemo.
OpenConnect is available for Fremantle and Diablo.

The second application is OpenConnect-GUI, which is a front-end for OpenConnect (similar to vpnc-gui, from which it takes inspiration for GUI).
OpenConnect-GUI is available only in Fremantle for the moment.

Please report back for any suggestion/bug report (bugs can be reported in maemo's bugzilla).
And if someone wants to design a better looking icon, be my guest! I really suck at graphics

Before installing anything from extras-devel, please be sure to read the following warnings:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=343619&postcount=1

A screenshot of OpenConnect-GUI:

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Reallllly want to ty this out - but extras devel will bite my ankles off i hear... so i'll let Kathy go first (Such a gentleman!)

Can't wait to hear what it is like and see it in extras
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

A real gentleman

The only problem I see with that kind of application (and the testing of such application) is the fact that Cisco VPN/SSL concentrators are not that common, so it may take quite a while to get the application tested correctly (if at all).

Unfortunately I cannot offer temporary VPN accesses to test, so this application may be condemned to remain eternally in extras-devel (or extras-testing)

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
A real gentleman

The only problem I see with that kind of application (and the testing of such application) is the fact that Cisco VPN/SSL concentrators are not that common, so it may take quite a while to get the application tested correctly (if at all).

Unfortunately I cannot offer temporary VPN accesses to test, so this application may be condemned to remain eternally in extras-devel (or extras-testing)
Well i gave up waiting and took the leap....
Installs fine! - and i'm struggling at this point - as i think my Cisco VPN (Juniper/stylee) will not work with open connect.

But i have to say, looks slick, can edit settings fine
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
A real gentleman

If you don't promote it to extras-testing it won't be tested for sure. But apparently you believe that it works and want people to use it (otherwise there you wouldn't have announced it), so please promote it to extras-testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
That's a good point. I've promoted it to extras-testing

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany/Berlin
Any way to add "group" to settings ? I need to select a group for exp. "student" for my university wlan.

Last edited by breeze; 2010-01-11 at 17:10.

Originally Posted by breeze View Post
Any way to add "group" to settings ? I need to select a group for exp. "student" for my university wlan.
I have the same question - currently looking at Vpnc and this :| - hopefully one will work!

In the present version it's not possible to add the group setting. I did not include it, since I didn't need it, but I will gladly add this option in the next release (shouldn't be that far away, and it's a straightforward addition).

What I want to point out however, is that vpnc and openconnect are not interchangeable!

vpnc works with the the Cisco VPN concentrator 3000 Series, Cisco PIX appliances and Juniper/Netscreen, by using IKE/IPSEC

openconnect works with other Cisco concentrators (see the top post of this thread), and uses SSL.

I would really like the group choice added.

I'm the administrator of Cisco ASA5510 so I would be able to help debugging if needed. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Arendtsen For This Useful Post: