Poll: HD video recording on N900?
Poll Options
HD video recording on N900?

In the light of the recent events. to you think HD video recording @ 720P (1280×720 pixels) would be possible on the N900?
I'd also like to read your opinion about it

Last edited by Bec; 2010-04-17 at 17:29.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Theoretically, probably. Realistically, have you used the camera app...?

People creating a poll about overclocking the N900 didn't magically make it possible, it was always a possibility hardware wise just no one had done it yet.

Creating a poll for HD recording isn't magically going to make the camera hardware capable of shooting HD, sure it has the resolution for single stills, but it's highly likely it would be able to shoot video at that resolution.

Can we no just get the video recording half decent first.

is it the camera module in the phone or the camera software though??

there are the vivaz and the i8910 that use pratacally the same chipset but do they have a hd lens to accompany the chipset , is there even such a thing as a hd lens??

obvosuly if the lens wasnt capable it wouldnt be possible but if the lens is adequote and has the spec it needs for hd video then iam sure the software could be tweaked

the desire is apprently getting 720p via firmware upgrade does that mean it shipped witha hd lens but they couldnt get the software up to a high standard so waited untill they fix it then release it via a firmware upgrade

any info appreciated

Last edited by buxz777; 2010-04-17 at 18:27.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
never knowwwww

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)
seen that we have a 5 mpx camera, is possible to register at same resolution if we have the hardware adapt?

afaik, ipod nano can oly register video, but doesn't take a photo.
probably, is tha same things fot the n900

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
I think it is possible.If Omnia HD and Vivaz can do then why not N900 ?There are so many talented people here, I think in future it will be possible just like overclocking is a reality now.

Originally Posted by plaban View Post
I think it is possible.If Omnia HD and Vivaz can do then why not N900 ?There are so many talented people here, I think in future it will be possible just like overclocking is a reality now.
it will only be possible if the hardware is capable of capturing 720p resoloution the vivaz and i8910 were both made with hd video in mind so the camera module could be made to allow this

is the lens/camera module of the n900 capabale?? if not then id say no matter what you done with the software it probs wouldnt work :-)

Given that 5 MP images look fine, I wouldn't think the lens would be the issue. Either the hardware/drivers don't give us the access to get 720p from the camera, or it's just a matter of software.