Active Topics

hello,
i have tried reflashing my device

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
And did it start to speak Swahili after that? I learnt mine to use sign-language after reflashing.

All fun aside, what do you mean by your thread title, and what was the result of the flashing process, and of course, what kind of flash did you apply?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Reflashing both the firmware and eMMC will remove all user data from the device, restoring it to the original supplied condition.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
hello,
have you tried flashing the eMMC

hello,
i have tried completly reflashing the device. but still the data are there like the files which i have kept in MyDocs and also even saved pages in Opera.
i also have tried with Clear Device in setting. it works good enough but still something still persist there again.

I am trying to install N12 UMay in n900. i had first installed N11 vostok and those softwares which i installed in the N11 vostok still persist in N12 Umay even i reflashed or Cleaned the device.

please. I am still facing problem installing N12 Umay in emmc. anyone please help me.

P:S i am sorry about the incomplete post above.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Serpent,

Follow rob1n's advice. Always, I'd almost add...

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by serpentcatcher
what i have done is,
i downloaded a PR 1.3 firmware and flased without using -R as instructed in talk.maemo.org.

doesn't this flash both emmc and the firmware?
Nope, flashing the firmware doesn't remove your data, it only flashes the system partitions.
To flash eMMC, wich will format the whole memory, you just need to follow the steps described in the wiki, to which I put a link in my firs post.