Active Topics

When a certain contact phones or sometimes when they send me a txt instead of their name it says 'A' - any idea why and how to fix it?

(I've checked and they are not in my contacts twice)

Thanks,

Last edited by milkbottles; 2010-04-30 at 14:38.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Have you accidentally typed "A" in as one of the fields in your Contact (such as "Nickname") and that's being displayed instead (as it's possible to set this in the Contact application)?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Never heard of an issue like this before. Does this happen always or just sometimes?
shiny's comment sounds logical.

i have all my contacts with names, but recently i noted everytime i have an incoming call, the phone only displays the number and no name. this is kind of annoying since u can not se who is calling you.
anybody has any idea how can i fix this?
thks in advanced for ur reply

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
I had a similar problem. In my case, it happened when I had 2 instances of the same name. For example. I had Dad mobile in my phonebook, and also had his information on my hotmail account where I listed his actual name. So it seems that the phone number was the same but the phone had the number linked to "Dad" and to "his name" so it showed the number on an incoming call because it didn't know which name to choose. I hope that makes sense. this maybe the problem or it may not be. Does it happen on all contacts? and do you have them stored in two locations?http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64784

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-01-22 at 23:03.

Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
I had a similar problem. In my case, it happened when I had 2 instances of the same name. For example. I had Dad mobile in my phonebook, and also had his information on my hotmail account where I listed his actual name. So it seems that the phone number was the same but the phone had the number linked to "Dad" and to "his name" so it showed the number on an incoming call because it didn't know which name to choose. I hope that makes sense. this maybe the problem or it may not be. Does it happen on all contacts? and do you have them stored in two locations?http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64784
hi there u were right bigeras that was the problem i had 97 contacts with the same numbers and maybe with a letter on the name different i downloaded the app "merge contacts duplicate" and once i merged all the similar contacts problem solved. thks very much for ur info really appreciated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peacekeper For This Useful Post: