Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
I am very disappointed with the quality of pics taken from my N900. Pics taken in bright sunlight are very good, but if the light is low, the quality is not at all good. Tried tweaking few settings provided in the camera mode. Also installed Bless N900 but found no difference.

Would highly appreciate if someone can guide me as to what specific settings needs to be made to achieve great quality snaps.

Current settings are
1) White Balance : Automatic
2) ISO Sensitivity : Automatic
3) Exposure : 0.0
4) Resoulution : High resolution (5MB)
Camera Mode is automatic , Flash is also automatic

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by dtparikh View Post
I am very disappointed with the quality of pics taken from my N900. Pics taken in bright sunlight are very good, but if the light is low, the quality is not at all good. Tried tweaking few settings provided in the camera mode. Also installed Bless N900 but found no difference.

Would highly appreciate if someone can guide me as to what specific settings needs to be made to achieve great quality snaps.

Current settings are
There is no 'magic' combination of settings for good photos - they are all dependent on your current environment - well lit/poorly lit/inside/outside/cloudy/sunny/moving subject/static subject etc. To find out more about White balance/ISO/Exp etc have a look around the many photography sites out there.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by dtparikh View Post

Current settings are
Choose between ISO 200 (for daylight) and 400 (for dimlight). Automatic in ISO setting is quite buggy afaic.

Also, just in case you missed this, you need to half-press the shutter for focusing prior to actually shooting for mode 'Auto', 'Close-up' and 'Portrait'

I'm not sure about BlessN900, but the commercial version A Better Camera can actually reduce digital noise in night shooting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Choose between ISO 200 (for daylight) and 400 (for dimlight). Automatic in ISO setting is quite buggy afaic.

Also, just in case you missed this, you need to half-press the shutter for focusing prior to actually shooting for mode 'Auto', 'Close-up' and 'Portrait'

I'm not sure about BlessN900, but the commercial version A Better Camera can actually reduce digital noise in night shooting.
Thanks , shall try out the ISO option. And yes i do use the half-press camera button for focusing.
Just trying to figure out if I am the only one struggling with pics in N900 !

never buy a HTC