Notices

PLEASE HELP ME... This my frist post. I had 7.35GB audio file. my N900 connect pc for some file share. then i saw that my audio file is empty!!!!!!!!!!!!! bt memory has show 7.35GB audio files. my all audio file missed.. but memory show 7.35GB audio file . media player not found any audio file... please say.. what i can do?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
Is your phone connected through USB Cable? if so remove the cable and then open media player

not connected through USB cable.... i was try it..

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Have you installed and/or upgraded Ogg Support? If you did, try this:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...72&postcount=6

yesterday, i upgraded Ogg Support. but today all audio file hind ...

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Uninstall it that should fix it for now untill you find out what went wrong.

" Downgrade the ogg-support package.

Code:

sudo apt-get install ogg-support=1.0.5

That solved my problem. "

i do not understand this tips.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Uninstall it that should fix it for now untill you find out what went wrong.
i try it. but no change .. same problem.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Copy and paste this to xterminal:
Code:
rm -f /home/user/.cache/media-art/*.*
rm -f /home/user/.thumbnails/cropped/*.*
rm -rf /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds/*/*/.mediaartlocal
rm -f /home/user/.local/share/tracker/data/common.db
rm -f /home/user/.thumbnails/meta.db
rm -f /var/tmp/tracker-user/cache.db
tracker-processes -r
It will reset what files it has found and when you open media player or image viewer it will start looking for all the files again. You should get a pop up telling you its scanning new files.

I have to do this when ever I upgrade ogg support.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zas For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem after upgrading an ogg related package, which take really long to install. I first tryed to reinstall mediaplayer then remove the files described by zas.

I just installed Ogg-support=1.0.5 as suggested by hot_94. It also took really long, failing and retrying to update the tracker.

Here the output:
apt-get install ogg-support=1.0.5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
rtcom-accounts-plugin-facebook libqt4-declarative
nokiamaps-navigation-provider-settings-002
rtcom-skype-emoticons-theme libqtm-multimedia
rtcom-accounts-voip-support libconninet0 cherry
dsme-thermalobject-surface modest-home-applet
libconnsettings0 microb-geolocation gstreamer0.10-av
gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph libqtm-bearer
libqt4-translations maemo-optify-runonce libqt4-script
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
ogg-support
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 14.8kB of archives.
After this operation, 16.4kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle-1.3/free ogg-support 1.0.5 [14.8kB]
Fetched 14.8kB in 0s (18.7kB/s)
dpkg - warning: downgrading ogg-support from 1.1 to 1.0.5.
(Reading database ... 66561 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace ogg-support 1.1 (using .../ogg-support_1.0.5_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement ogg-support ...
Unknown media type in type 'sketch/png'

Found 174 pids...
Found process ID 3470 for 'trackerd'
Terminated process 3470
Found process ID 3472 for 'tracker-indexer'
Terminated process 3472
Could not open '/proc/3659/cmdline', Failed to open file '/proc/3659/cmdline': No such file or directory

Could not get files by MIME type, Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Could not get files by MIME type, Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
tracker-update-ontology -c Music -d audio/x-vorbis+ogg -d audio/x-flac+ogg -d audio/x-flac -d application/ogg -d audio/ogg
Could not get Tracker status, Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Found 174 pids...
Terminated process 3470

tracker-update-ontology -c Videos -d video/x-theora+ogg -d video/ogg
Could not get Tracker status, Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Processing triggers for catorise ...
################################################## ########################################Setting up ogg-support (1.0.5) ...
Unknown media type in type 'sketch/png'

Found 170 pids...
Terminated process 3470

tracker-update-ontology -c Music -a audio/x-vorbis+ogg -a audio/x-flac+ogg -a audio/x-flac -a application/ogg
Found 170 pids...
Terminated process 3470
Could not open '/proc/3579/cmdline', Failed to open file '/proc/3579/cmdline': No such file or directory

tracker-update-ontology -c Videos -a video/x-theora+ogg -a video/ogg