Active Topics

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Not sure if this is posted anywhere else because I couldn't see any relevant thread from search results (yea, I failed at searching :/). Please let me know if there is one.

I am one of the few lucky ones who is having an N9 that has a faulty LED that wouldn't light up when it is charging/charged. However, I managed to used up all the battery power a few days ago and the phone went off automatically. Then I plug the phone to the charger (the phone is not powered on), and the notification LED started to blink for a couple of seconds until the charging indicator is shown on screen.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? suspecting this is a software problem :/

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
Not sure if this is posted anywhere else because I couldn't see any relevant thread from search results (yea, I failed at searching :/). Please let me know if there is one.

I am one of the few lucky ones who is having an N9 that has a faulty LED that wouldn't light up when it is charging/charged. However, I managed to used up all the battery power a few days ago and the phone went off automatically. Then I plug the phone to the charger (the phone is not powered on), and the notification LED started to blink for a couple of seconds until the charging indicator is shown on screen.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? suspecting this is a software problem :/
Vaguely recall some having issues, they re-flashed/reinstalled & then it was working as it should.
It is only supposed to work in a very limited fashion, make sure you're aware of that.

There is plans to expand that by the community, but there's some road-blocks ATM.
Search the threads at forum.meego.com for a thread about that...

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Vaguely recall some having issues, they re-flashed/reinstalled & then it was working as it should.
It is only supposed to work in a very limited fashion, make sure you're aware of that.

There is plans to expand that by the community, but there's some road-blocks ATM.
Search the threads at forum.meego.com for a thread about that...
yea, saw the thread on MeeGo forum, but I am only interested in having the charging indicator function working (at least for now).

I actually upgraded to PR1.1 using NSU (it's flashing the firmware to the phone instead of the OTA style AFAIK), but the problem still persists :/

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
What is the intended behavior of that LED anyway?

Mine lights up when I switch on the device (same as N900). After that, it wouldn't be seen anymore.
Someday with PR 1.0 I had the weird experience that the LED pulsated while charging. But it happened only once. I'm glad that it usually does not light up while charging since its disturbing at night.

The N950 OTOH always has the annoying pulsating LED while charging.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The N950 OTOH always has the annoying pulsating LED while charging.
this is the intended behavior iirc

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
I actually upgraded to PR1.1 using NSU (it's flashing the firmware to the phone instead of the OTA style AFAIK), but the problem still persists :/

Yeah that's why I suggested re-install/re-flash....
Folks have had weird issues like you, only to have them go away after doing so.

But as others have mentioned there's not much to the default behavior.
It's a blessing in some ways that you don't have the annoying pulsating light when charging.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yeah that's why I suggested re-install/re-flash....
Folks have had weird issues like you, only to have them go away after doing so.

But as others have mentioned there's not much to the default behavior.
It's a blessing in some ways that you don't have the annoying pulsating light when charging.
I guess I would wait till PR1.2 is out then