Hi everyone,

I used to be an n900 owner on this forum, until I was banned for raging that is !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just popped in to see how everyone is, and what the state of Nokia is.

I'm not trying to troll or start a flame war, but what is the general consensus of Nokia jumping into bed with Microsoft with everyone here?

In July 2010 I posted

"IMHO Nokia has TWO choices, Ive been riducluded for posting this months ago when I joined, and no doubt I will be ridiculed now as well, but here goes

1) TRULY OPEN SOURCE the platform

2) Adopt Android"

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59484

It really saddened me to see Nokia sell itself to Microsoft, and I don't think it has fully played out yet, I think Microsoft is ultimately only after Nokia's patents and doesn't care if it sinks or swims.

The *IRONIC* thing for me that didn't sit right was Elop said he wanted to go WP7 to "differentiate", and with WP7's strict guidelines how is that possible, all WP7 phones are the same, nokia had the talent to mod android into a whole new experience.

Samsung had $4.5 Billion PROFIT last Qtr, and a lions share of that could have been Nokias had they went android, and TRULY differentiated.

Personally I hope WP7 crashes and burns, and the fact they are sitting at 1.6% gives me great joy, oh and yes thanks Nokia for not selling the awesome meego N9 in the UK.

Does Danramos still come on ??? we used to have some good chats

peace to all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to garyc2012 For This Useful Post:
No one here RIP Nokia & N900

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
We are still here, small group thou, still developing, tweaking, modding and brainstorming.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by garyc2012 View Post
I'm not trying to troll or start a flame war, but what is the general consensus of Nokia jumping into bed with Microsoft with everyone here?
Errybody raging, errybody hates WP7. You'd see this even on PreCentral, Engadget, Ars, Slashdot and all the gadget sites.

Tags
moar_userz, no sh1ts given