Issue; I tried to do two things without knowing what I'm doing - I tried to make Hotspot software working (after installation it did not) by things like installing Power Kernel. Then I tried to install Nitdroid just to get one mobile pass thing working in my N900 ( that only works with Android and iPhone) That did not work out fine.

I realized the camera did not work anymore. So I tried to clear those softwares one by one, that went allright untill I tried to get back the old kernel with the tool provided with power kernel installation. It didi not work, and after that when I tried to boot my device, it didn't turn back on. Just Nokia logo, black screen, logo again and shutdown.

It looked like the only solution would have been flashing the device and loose all information not backed up (everything, about ). Then I tried to flash only kernel, with my Win Vista computer, that did not work at all.

Finally, I got desperated and tried flashing with my Ubuntu laptop. And what? When I got the sudo finally right, it just flashed only the kernel and N900 came back alive - all information saved, nothing lost! I'm so happy!

And...Going right now to make that backup!

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
That's quite a story.....

Glad you finally got your N900 working again....

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800