Active Topics

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
so here we go ...________to use the autofocus one needs to depress the camera key halfway but i need to press it hard to focus is it normal ?? When i press it halfway nothing happens i need to press it hard to focus.__________________________ how is the n900s picture quality mine is bad blurry images like theres soft smoke i cannot get sharp images of most objects macro looks is seemingly fine though.________________ ____________my proximity and light sensor are broken i want to know are they embeded in flex cable or they are seperate parts.________________________________________how good the n900 screen is mine seems dimish and there are two bright white spots in it only visible when the screen is white._______________________________ i am purchasing a dead n900 to fix it so is it worth it to fix it ?? any help appreciated except trolling

i fixed it thanx to all involved anyway the device got stolen and i am again into fixing a backup board used for parts

Last edited by nokiabot; 2014-05-15 at 07:45.

the story of forgery beware...... so here we go ... I got the good condition n900 as advertised . I paid the guy 4000 rs to ship it and 2000 after deliverd and examined. I didnt smell smoke as i was new to the whole game. After a techerious wait trial and error i got it . It was locked so i coudnt get inside . The screen had prominent scratches was dirty and spotted from inside hidden with a screen guard . The battery coudnt hold charge for more than 15 minuts . He was increasing demanding the payment to be done for the lock code but i had smelled the smoke now so reflashed it (he also gave the code later)and got inside . Got a call and the display was blank .. Damm proximity sensor was damaged . Screen light was static and camera flash was crazy .. Damm light sensor was damaged. The lock switch was broken and the slider was damm loose. So i didnt paid him the rest as he forged me .neither i heard from him after that no calls or messages from him! so just be a little careful when buying things online

Last edited by nokiabot; 2013-07-29 at 17:46.

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
why didn't you bought a N900 for yourself in Local Market not via internet. i always prefer buying phones from my local market but not via internet as i can check phones as much as i want before buying. and by 5000 (Indian Rupees ?) i'm sure you should have bought a better device than this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
I just wanted a seconday device and wanted to buy via internet that was the mistake made by a pretendingly expert newbie Anyway any help on the asked questions

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Thread title and sub-forum fixed for clarity. I still doubt people would be willing to read those two walls of text you have posted so to receive help it's best you help people to understand your problem in more precise sentences.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Thread title and sub-forum fixed for clarity. I still doubt people would be willing to read those two walls of text you have posted so to receive help it's best you help people to understand your problem in more precise sentences.
good moderation please stop the exessively exessive trolls also in diffrent threads

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
someone answer the questions please..

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
someone answer the questions please..
the device which you bought is almost completely damaged. everything is faulty. slider is loose, slide to unlock key not working, camera takes blurry images, proximity and light senors are broken, battery can't hold charge for more than 15 mints (may be replacing battery can fix this), slider is loose and also camera flash is also not working properly. these are just too many things to repair. i would suggest buy another working N900 from local market.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
@panjgoori time to levrage my diy skils . I am fixing it.. i have found the power problem .The flash ic to blame its shorted i reballed it now power consumption looks normal with new battery i dont know xterm so cant research more but i will do it

so i replaced the lock switch the flex cable The touch plate and its working like a charm but err i replaced the camera module also and its giving operation failed now (i do know theres nothing to panic on hardware side) do you guys have any tips on the software side ? Why this is occuring ? Possible ways to check if it can see the camera module i tested cat /proc/kmsg and dmsg but i am not understanding it and if you say reflash then the computer is infected with win sanity and under fix . So what should i do in meantime to judge whats wrong . Maybe my assembling also tell me how to copy whole xterm logs as i am fresh out of the oven do tell me what i need to post here and how