Active Topics

Hello everyone.

How do I select & delete multiple messages in nokia n9. I don't see any option?. I see only Delete (for single message) or Delete all. May be I'm missing something

can someone please help on this??

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by achilles333 View Post
can someone please help on this??
There is no option to do that, either you delete the sms 1 by one or you delete them all.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
There is no option to do that, either you delete the sms 1 by one or you delete them all.
This is a basic funcitonality. My nokia n900 has this feature..how come nokia misses stuff like this.. Is any enhancement or tool available to delete multiple messages? It is painful to delete each & every messages

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to achilles333 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
This is a basic funcitonality. My nokia n900 has this feature..how come nokia misses stuff like this.. Is any enhancement or tool available to delete multiple messages? It is painful to delete each & every messages
Nope, why not just delete all?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Nope, why not just delete all?
I have to retain some messages for different purposes. I believe almost everyone does If it's not true then 95% of phones doesn't have the option to delete multiple messages at a time.

The Following User Says Thank You to achilles333 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
Tap-and-hold on message, Copy, Paste somewhere. But this is only for message body, not date/time stamp, or people involved in conversation.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
I have to retain some messages for different purposes. I believe almost everyone does If it's not true then 95% of phones doesn't have the option to delete multiple messages at a time.
You can do that using Nokia Suite if you open messages on the phone rather than the copies synced to the PC... Just multi-select the ones you want to be rid of...

Originally Posted by PhatApteryx View Post
You can do that using Nokia Suite if you open messages on the phone rather than the copies synced to the PC... Just multi-select the ones you want to be rid of...
Actually, you can't. Nokia Suite does not support the N9.

PC Suite allows you to view the messages stored on the N9 and can export them to a CSV file, but if you attempt to delete more than one message at a time, it hangs indefinitely and finally bombs out saying "one or more of the messages could not be deleted". Only the first in the list of selected messages is actually deleted.

The Following User Says Thank You to grshorwich For This Useful Post:
I know there is no option to do multiselection and delete the messages.
Is it possible to modify the source code and enable the muti selection in Messaging. The Email also having this so why we missed out this feature and why can't the community developer can enable it....
I am not an app developer, can any one explain how much difficulty inside this one. I missed this feature so much. Can anybody make this happen... If is there any separate app or modification also acceptable...

Regards,