Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
Not sure "Man arrested for stealing wifi" should've been closed.
Seems like everytime a senior member gets a response him or her does not like, the scream for this thread bores me and needs to be locked comes into play.
Why not just stop entertaining the thread and leave it for other forum members to say a word of two on the subject.

ok, so what some of you guys are well spoken, and have a ****ing vocabulary like no other. I'm pretty sure if you leave a thread after a response you don't like, the person will leave you alone.

That was a nice thread, actually took time to read the whole thing.
Liam1, you don't need a good lawyer to beat a case like this.
A public defender can get you off that easy.

The thing is, everytime a thread gets off topic and/or becomes a source hate/flame/attacks, I have no choice but to close it. Like this thread for example -- a flame bait. Let's see how long before members would start attacking each other.

Ask yourself this question, if you are a new member or guest who has stumbled onto the site needing to ask an Internet Tablet related question, what forum atmosphere would you like to see? Do you think that the new member or guest would even ask a question if he/she would get shot down?

Take all the grudges, attacks, and curses elsewhere. There are plenty of other forums that allow that.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I agree 100%.

There is a tendency for popular threads here to become a flame magnet when steered off topic and when inappropriate posts are tolerated (Yes, I've made mistakes like that too in the past which has since been corrected). Proactive enforcement is necessary to keep things in order in such cases.

I think such inorderly conducts serves no purpose to the community but to aggravate the users and waste forum resources.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Originally Posted by unique311 View Post
Not sure "Man arrested for stealing wifi" should've been closed.
Seems like everytime a senior member gets a response him or her does not like, the scream for this thread bores me and needs to be locked comes into play.
Why not just stop entertaining the thread and leave it for other forum members to say a word of two on the subject.
The thing that sometimes gets forgotten on forums is that it isn't a democracy, it is a forum run by one or a number of people. If they don't want the hassle that a thread is going to generate, they can shut it down, it is really up to them. If people don't like it, they can try another forum.

That thread had been going a while and really every option of the argument had been explored. It had got a bit personal in places