Active Topics

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Turin, Italy
Okay so here's the problem, i had several mp3's on my pc and transferred them to my n900, before transferring i has ordered them by modifying the information in properties(track name track number....), problem is that on some files it shows the old track name instead of the one i added and this only happens on my n900, on pc everything is fine...any ideas to what the problem might be?

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I am guessing the details within the tracker databases has not been updated. It might be because you did not have new files added into N900 and/or trackerd has not been restarted to collect the update information.

There is one ugly way of going about on this, and that is to issue (not as root):
Code:
tracker-processes -r
which removes all the existing database files (and hence you lose entries like music that has been most played for instance). Once you have issued that command through terminal, you will need to open most likely mediaplayer and wait for a few moments before mediaplayer realises that trackerd is dead and needs to respawn trackerd. Once trackerd is alive it will start gathering the information from files within N900 (selected areas of course). This may take sometime depending on how big your entire media collection is.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post: