Active Topics

Hi all,

the last few days I have been working on a little project to display my Jolla's notifications in a web browser on my desktop. The current version works fine for me and displays for example missed calls, SMS and Threema notifications.

The tool is written in go, source code is available under https://github.com/blabber/jollanotifications, a precompiled version can be obtained here.

To build the source yourself you need a go environment. Call
Code:
env GOOS=linux GOARCH=arm GOARM=7 go build
to build the binary. Copy the binary and the html folder to your Jolla and start the binary. Then visit <ip-of-your-jolla>:8080 with your favourite web browser.

Using the precompiled version is similar, but you don't have to build the binary yourself.

Maybe somebody finds this useful.

Best regards, blabber.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to blabber For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Neat How about using real browser notifications? Yeah, doesn't work on microsoft browsers, but who uses them anyway?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
How about using real browser notifications?
That's a nice idea I haven't thought of. Currently I am polling periodically for the whole backlog of notifications. This makes displaying desktop notifications for single notifications difficult.

But I am planning to move from poll to push via websockets. That will make displaying notifications easier.

Last edited by blabber; 2015-09-07 at 21:48. Reason: Typo