I'm trying to use the QtService solution to make a daemon.. http://qt.nokia.com/products/appdev/...ies/qtservice/

My QtCreator+MADDE is set up and the project (ABC) that uses QtService has build settings targets for 4.6.2 MADDE/Windows and 4.5.3 Maemo Device

QtService (and also the ABC project that uses it) builds just fine when targeting windows madde:

Code:
Running build steps for project Desktop...
Starting: c:/qt/2010.02.1/qt/bin/qmake.exe C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/qtservice.pro -r -spec win32-g++ 
Reading C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/examples.pro
Reading C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/interactive/interactive.pro
Reading C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/server/server.pro
Reading C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/controller/controller.pro
Exited with code 0.
Starting: C:/Qt/qtcreator-1.3.80/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -w 
mingw32-make: Entering directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource'
cd examples\ && C:/Qt/qtcreator-1.3.80/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples'
cd interactive\ && C:/Qt/qtcreator-1.3.80/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/interactive'
C:/Qt/qtcreator-1.3.80/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
mingw32-make[3]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/interactive'
mingw32-make[3]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/interactive'
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/interactive'
cd server\ && C:/Qt/qtcreator-1.3.80/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/server'
mingw32-make[3]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/server'
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/server'
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/server'
cd controller\ && C:/Qt/qtcreator-1.3.80/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/controller'
mingw32-make[3]: Entering directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/controller'
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/controller'
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/controller'
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples'
mingw32-make: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource'
Exited with code 0.
But the make fails when targeting the maemo device:

Code:
Running build steps for project Maemo Device...
Starting: c:/madde/0.6.14/targets/fremantle-qt-0951/bin/qmake.exe C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/qtservice.pro -r -spec default -unix CONFIG+=debug 
Reading C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/examples.pro
Reading C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/interactive/interactive.pro
Reading C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/server/server.pro
Reading C:/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/controller/controller.pro
Exited with code 0.
Starting: C:/madde/0.6.14/bin/make.exe -w 
make: Entering directory `/c/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource'
cd examples/ && /bin/make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples'
cd interactive/ && /bin/make -f Makefile
make[2]: Entering directory `/c/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/interactive'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples/interactive'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource/examples'
make: Leaving directory `/c/Qt/proj/qtservice-2.6_1-opensource'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `..\..\src\qtservice.h', needed by `main.o'. Stop.
make[1]: *** [sub-interactive-make_default] Error 2
make: *** [sub-examples-make_default-ordered] Error 2
Exited with code 2.
Error while building project Maemo Device
When executing build step 'Make'
Can anyone give a pointer to what I missed?

THanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Desktop Config Makefile.zip (1.2 KB, 280 views)
File Type: zip Maemo Device Config Makefile.zip (1.2 KB, 183 views)

The output is saying that the file ../../src/qtservice.h is a dependency of main.o. The error stating that there is no rule to make target ../../src/qtservice.h, which implies that the file doesn't exist.

Did you do a clean make before you tried to target the N900?

Well, I struggled a LOT with this, eventually moving the project folder to a place within my project's hierarchy:

Before:
C:\qt\proj\myproj
C:\qt\proj\qtservice-2.6_1-opensource

After:

C:\qt\proj\myproj
C:\qt\proj\myproj\qtservice-2.6_1-opensource

I changed the include() in myproj.pro to use an absolute path rather than a relative one, and I manually cleaned the entire source tree, removing .o and .moc files myself because it seems they were littered all over the place

I also wrote a .net version of the DEL command, because qmake kept making makefiles that contains "del" as the delete command, but "del" is built into CMD.exe (the dos "shell") and so should be run CMD /C DEL
So "clean"s were never actually cleaning anything because all it would do is say "del: command not found"

Ahh.. Progress is so frustratingly slow!

Doing the manual clean at least solved the "this moc is built with 4.5.3 and youre using 4.6.2" problem.. while I wait patiently for the dev teams to make 4.6.2 work with QtCreator 1.3.81 (you can download the libs, but the mkspecs folder contains some erroroneous files, so you cant use the 4.6.2 libs to make maemo binaries, for pushing to the device within Qt)

The Following User Says Thank You to cjard For This Useful Post: