Active Topics

you know, you all had PR 1.2 installed. and you guys all know that PR1.2 update have removed all the apps that you had before.

so ya. we just got rid of our apps, and at the same time, there was small change in ovi store.

Morpho Quick Panorama app
and
Qik lite- app.

they were both free, under name of "lite." I loved them, and I had both of them on my N900.

and then our almighty PR1.2 came out, and our phones have been completely erased. ( maybe you guys got backups but back up is not the point here, so please don't start arguement about "why didn't you back up.") and I got back on to the ovi store and looked up for these apps.

they had slight change of their name, and they were not free anymore.

Morpho Quick Panorama Pro
and
Qik Video Camera Pro.

they had no change at all to app itself, except name change "pro."
and they are hella expensive. ($2.99 and $4.99)

I'm sure there would be more of this kind of thing in ovi store...

so ya. just kinda depressed...

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
angry man all over again..........................

but seriously, im pretty sure the apps arent the same as the free/lite versions.

whoa. I checked. they are same... read the reviews. people are complaining about same software..

of course, developer commented back "there will be some new features soon," which is...well, the new features are not here yet.

quick panorama took pictures only in vga so I assume the res has been bumped up. I still have this installed on my phone so Im sure the "demo" must still be out there, to be honest I am surprised that you are surprised this even happened, you have more than 10 posts on this forum so surely by now you realise that Nokia just don't care about the N900.

The other night (in the uk) there was an advert on TV for Ovi store and how great having a nokia was, even thought the N900 is at the momet Nokia's best phone it wasn't shown in the add for a second, why?

Cuz they just don't care about us

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
...., even thought the N900 is at the momet Nokia's best phone it wasn't shown in the add for a second, why?

Cuz they just don't care about us
Advertising N900 to people in Tv and magazines was probably mistake. Just read this forum and you realize that there is end users who probably should have bought mature device and not devel platform.

.edit
http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_re...it_a_phone_.3F

"Cult
Maemo is rough on the edges. It is a bit dangerous. It is open to experiments. It is about community involvement. I want these to stay. I do not like boring cars, either.
" http://jaaksi.blogspot.com/2009/11/m...art-of-it.html

Last edited by slender; 2010-08-17 at 07:50.

omg...
omg..... I suddenly started to regret buying N900...

it's all because of newegg. they lured me into this phone. =(

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
The lite versions should still be available, though Quickpanorama Pro offers some features that the lite version don't(a high-res mode and a wallpaper mode).

it should be. but there isn't.
see, ovi is mofo.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Finland
Both are proprietary software and the companies developing them are free to choose how they distribute them.
That is not Nokias fault or the N900 fault. Complain to authors of those software packages instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to onion For This Useful Post:
Advertising N900 to people in Tv and magazines was probably mistake. Just read this forum and you realize that there is end users who probably should have bought mature device and not devel platform.

This is not an acceptable answer, I am fully aware of the N900's situation and am aware that many people consider it to be a "Dev Phone" but there is just no such thing, the N900 can be used by the average person it's not like you have to write ten lines of code to ring a number!

My point is that the N900 has problems that would irritate the average person however it should not be said that these people should have bought a "mature device" Nokia has been around for years now and all of the devices should be "mature" the real problem Im sure you'll have to agree is that there is no support from nokia, if all the apps that make the n900 a better ecperience where on the ovi website we would be a step closer to a usable phone. As an example why isn;t fmms on the Ovi store???

Nokia have relegated the N900 to the stormy seas all by itself where it will most certainly sink, this shouldn't be the case, never before have I had a phone as good as the N900.