Poll: Do you guys miss the original StarGate SG1 series?
Poll Options
Do you guys miss the original StarGate SG1 series?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Hey guys. Little random.

Was bored at work and watch the original Stargate movie. Man am I the only dork who misses stargate SG1 series the original

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
Hey guys. Little random.

Was bored at work and watch the original Stargate movie. Man am I the only dork who misses stargate SG1 series the original
Stargate will always be a great story. Loved SG1 and Loved Atlantis more. This new Universe is trash though. They're cramming in too much unnecessary fake drama and not developing the story at all.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
spot on. dam American studies. Want to make everything for the GENRAL public to watch

Stargate is one of the movies I always use to show off my home theater & sound system. Nothing like a wormhole opening to knock your butt back into the cushions!

I like SG1 as well and own the complete series box set. Bah...drama. Everyone knows that at its heart SG1 was a comedy (at least prior to RDA leaving).

The last couple or 4 of Universe have been pretty good. But every once in a while I need to watch an Atlantis or SG-1 rerun to remind myself whagt excellent stargate looks like.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
They did not cancel it early enough, it got lame before they canceled it lost most its pride and glory at the departure of MacGyver :'( Never got into the story of Atlantis even though I started to watch it from the beginning, it never caught my interest. Stargate Universe is a masterpiece though, I love the that Eli has a crush on whats her name, and the conflict with Dr. Rush and every one else ( I like Rush and Eli, everyone else except the pretty girl i dont remember her name, can just die in the vacuum of space )

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Esbjerg - Denmark
well i mis the old series to but the new sgu is ok if they leave.the telephone stones alone becouse they realy su... and makes the series so crappy ..
i just wish they had more action and less talk ..

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I dropped out somewhere in the second series of Atlantis. I just couldn't bring myself to care about the characters the way i did about SG1. Can't comment on SGU having never seen it.

SGU is definitely more dark and serious than any of the previous Stargate series. The drama reminds me of Battlestar Galactica. I'm enjoying it because there are some excellent storylines, but sometimes it does seem a little slow-moving.

Loved SG1. Liked SG Atlantis alot. SG: Universe is ok.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...