Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
No doubt this reviewer is another typical iphone user. here

Interesting really.

Despite a good camera, better battery life than the iPhone, a better screen from the display point of view, great browser, good UI speed etc etc its only a 6/10. Seems to be losing points for not being as sleek physically, although no allowance is made for the fact that you're getting a QWERTY for the extra thickness, and having a resistive screen.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Actually his review was fairly balanced IMO. I did post with some info for him though.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
That was an unapologetic bias bashing... It only says review in the tilte to get others to actually read that garbage why review something you already know you don't like, I would guess only to use your position of a blogger/ reviewer to sway the opinions of your audience and point out the small things ( if any really ) to make people see things your way and think and fell the way you do... that is just bad practice and pathetic journalism... whom ever this person is should just rite reviews for the iphone alone if they feel so compelled towards it, the iphone is a mess and so is he/she.

i give the review a 6/10

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-10-20 at 03:00.

"It didn’t at any point feel like a Linux-based device."

Perhaps the reviewer hasn't used Linux recently?

Given the number of times "stunning" appeared in the review, a 6/10 seems pretty stingy.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Aside from the resistive screen bashing, I have to agree with most of the points. iPhone app UI guidelines are strict, but the best (in MOST not all cases). Apps made specifically for Maemo should be finger friendly, etc, while ports should work side by side.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

AWESOME DEVICE - AMAZING.

That said it sucks.

Pretty much what I got from that review, if it can be called that. Would say buy an iphone but obvious he is already suckling that teat
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

I think the problem is that, coming from the iPhone, people expect touch screens to operate in a certain way - it's what they're used to. Once you're over that learning curve, I'm sure the N900's display is more than usable. Right?

I guess people forget that they too had a learning curve when getting used to the iPhone's display - everybody was guilty at first of trying to operate it with their fingernails, but they adapted. I guess the reviewer has decided that the iPhone way is the right way, and measures phones up to it directly rather than considering that they might just work differently.

Last edited by chritto; 2009-10-20 at 03:25.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chritto For This Useful Post:
And my reply to his "review"

“The biggest problem I had with Maemo UI is that it isn’t unique enough”

So every new OS has to be a NEW UI? I suppose if it was an exact replica of the iPhones that statement wouldnt apply?

Have fun with your iPhone and let the big boys play with a REAL device.

Honestly how do these people keep getting the N900 before people who actually want it and realize the full potential of it as opposed to going

“Ooooh but its not as shiny as my iphone”
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
"Honestly how do these people keep getting the N900 before people who actually want it and realize the full potential of it as opposed to going"

couldn't agree more