is there really no way to just define a simple code to lock the screen and phone??
never mind the bs track and protect

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
What do you mean? If you want to add a security code to the phone, it's there in settings > security > device lock. Every time you want to unlock the phone/screen, you have to enter the password you set. The same feature which exists in almost all phones.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

omg, i think i ****ed up:
set up track&protect, can log in all good onto website. but on the phone, that same code is not accepted.
lucky the phone isn't locked how can i reset that lock code? it isn't the sim card code and not the track&protect passcode either!!

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
The SIM card code and Track & Protect code are different things. This is the phone's security lock code. But I don't think there is any code set initially on the phone by default. Your phone won't be locked since you have to enter a code manually for the first time. The default code in older Nokia devices was 12345. Try that maybe..

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

12345 isn't it
how can i reset?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
yep, you 1st have to setup lockcode before t&p, otherwise you will end up in big fail. You can recover with http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693 by looking the zeroize device part of instructions (secure wipe will clear the lock code).

PS. and if you have setup trusted person on you device, then you can also recover the lock code by sending it as sms to trusted person. But most people haven't set it up.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-08-16 at 14:03.

thank you all.
what a mess...i'll leave it for the time being and tackle this when i got more time (and nerves)