Active Topics

I cleverly got my phone wet the other day & now the screen won't come on. I've left it off for hours at a time but to no avail.

Is it worth me trying the rice test I've just seen or give up & buy a replacement screen?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by kevino272 View Post
I cleverly got my phone wet the other day & now the screen won't come on. I've left it off for hours at a time but to no avail.

Is it worth me trying the rice test I've just seen or give up & buy a replacement screen?

Thanks in advance
let it off for another day or two. i believe the screen still has water on it.....keep the rice treatment in process......

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
let it off for another day or two. i believe the screen still has water on it.....keep the rice treatment in process......
what if (and purely hypothetical, honest) I've put the battery back in more than once and tried turning it off & on also and it still doesn't work.

I'm screwed right?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Are you related to Thelongshot???

There's a similar ongoing thread with some recommendations you can refer...http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70845

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by kevino272 View Post
what if (and purely hypothetical, honest) I've put the battery back in more than once and tried turning it off & on also and it still doesn't work.

I'm screwed right?
well if the device is wet and you did that, you're kinda screwed. but if you did enough efforts and patience to let it dry and switch it on/off, i believe that is fine.

screens mostly take time before it fully work after being wet. my n97 until now has that blur on the half of the screen (but text on that part's still readable) after being dropped in a glass with cold water 3 weeks ago.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;