Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Poland
Hi there.

I've accidentally deleted /bin folder (instead of /mnt/bin) using rm -rf. Thankfully i have ubiboot and working SailfishOS. After the reboot Harmattan obviously hangs.

I'm not in the mood for a reflash right now, so is there a hope for my device? Or is there a kind soul to upload tarball with just /bin folder?

I'm aware there could be some differences in installed programs between devices.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
You can extract the rootfs from rootfs.bin using open source flasher with the -u flag followed by using unlzo.py and finally mounting the result on your PC. Then take the /bin from the flash image and paste it into your device...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
You can extract the rootfs from rootfs.bin using open source flasher with the -u flag followed by using unlzo.py and finally mounting the result on your PC. Then take the /bin from the flash image and paste it into your device...
Thanks, I will try it and report back. I guess the script you are referring to, is from here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...48#post1043548

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Thanks for hints. I've just tried them.
Succesfully extracted rootfs.jffs2 from firmware image using unlzo.py from here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1043548

Mounted extracted file and then copied over /bin folder to N9's rootfs. Unfortunetly harmattan during the boot showed me some scary error screen, and now it just turns off.

Sooo off I go to do backup and reflash the device.