Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Hey Guys, just deleted off gingerbread as i was having issues, so now ive installed 0.0.9 and installed it fine, loads up to the andriod logo just before booting into the OS and it hangs there just wont go any further, have i dont somthing wrong here?

me too have the same problem with 0.0.9
gingerbread will work
but 0.0.9 wont
i think the issue has to do with installation of gingerbread or other nitdroid versions on emmc

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Be careful when removing NITDroid... I tried over the weekend and totally destroyed my N900. (well I lost all my langauge files, which made life difficult. I ended up flashing both the eMMC and Rootfs yesterday, although that was easy and now I have a fresh Nokia N900 ready for NITDroid v11 when it gets released to the masses soon.

I ran the following instructions to remove NITDRoid: (Instructions from the NITDRoid Easy Install WIKI).

Code:
root
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /and -o noatime
nitdroid-uninstaller
After it completes, simply format your microSD card, then using filebox delete nitdroid’s installation folders and files that were copied to home: bin, data, dev, etc (symlink), initrd, lib (symlink), mnt, proc, sbin, sdcard, sys, system, tmp, usr,default.prop, init, init.nokia.rc, init.rc

One of the above folders contained some files I should not have deleted.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Thanks for your reply but this doesnt help me? Ive removed nitdriod 2nd time round, 0.0.9 still holds up at loading screen with andriod logo...

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
i get the same problem. hangs at the loading screen with a flashing android logo, with the red notification light flashing light crazy. screen will go off every few seconds, then back on again.

if it helps, I have previously had nitdroid installed (0.0.8) which was installed onto a microsd card. The current install of gingerbread was attempted to be installed on the EMMC

Last edited by Storm_11; 2011-03-23 at 06:35.