Active Topics

I received my N900 today. I'm trying to familiarize myself with this phone. I am using T-mobile standard prepaid acct. I was trying to check my prepaid balance by typing #999# and press call like I always do on my old nokia 6101 but instead of getting a text of my prepaid acct I get a message incorrect number.

Also the phone can't seem to read anything in my sim card. I went to check contacts but came out empty and can't either read stored sms.

Do I need to update sim card? If so can i just go to any T-mobile store to update and how much will it cost? Also will I lose my balance? I have like $80 in my prepaid acct.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Maryland, USA
Look at this thread, it's a known bug that will be fixed in the next firmware update. supposedly.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=ussd

Originally Posted by osomanos View Post
Look at this thread, it's a known bug that will be fixed in the next firmware update. supposedly.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=ussd
Thanks for the link.

How about not able to read the contacts/store phone numbers and stored SMS in my sim card? is this also a bug or I need a newer sim card from T-mobile USA?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I was able to import contacts from the SIM card (didn't have SMS to import). But neither I have t-mobile nor do I live in the USA.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by Bugslife View Post
How about not able to read the contacts/store phone numbers and stored SMS in my sim card? is this also a bug or I need a newer sim card from T-mobile USA?
I don't have any SMS on my SIM, but for contacts, just start the contacts app, then tap the menu bar and select "Groups". Then, select "SIM card contacts". Tapping the menu bar again brinngs up options to copy all or selected contacts to the normal area. Then you can manipulate them as usual.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkq For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Great help.