Active Topics

This is for anyone who installed osso-gpsd 1.0-25-jku0 (my leap-year-fixed test package). The package actually prevents system upgrades, please install the original 1.0-25 from the same place:
http://folks.o-hand.com/jku/osso-gpsd/

I'm REALLY sorry about that.

If anyone wants the details: The package itself is fine, but osso-software-version depends on osso-gpsd 1.0-25. I did not think about this, and made my version 1.0-25-jku0 (this is normally good practice as otherwise you can't tell which version you have). This is not a problem while installing, but apt starts to complain when you try to upgrade.

Again, sorry for the trouble

The Following User Says Thank You to jussik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Paris, France
Do we have to uninstall your package first? Sorry if the question might be stupid, but I want to be sure that this is done properly.
Thanks,
Antonio

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
you can edit /var/lib/dpkg/status and change Version: field back to original and it should work. Did same mistake with posix-locales when I rebuilt it with czech locale added. Changing it was enough to persuade dpkg that the installed version is different.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2008-02-06 at 17:47.

The easiest way I found to do it was to download the .deb (to the mmc for example), then as root do:

dpkg --install osso-gpsd_1.0-25_armel.deb

Originally Posted by noventa98 View Post
Do we have to uninstall your package first? Sorry if the question might be stupid, but I want to be sure that this is done properly.
Thanks,
Antonio
No need. dpkg might inform you that you are downgrading (don't remember if it does), but installing over will work.

Not to be negative nor "no good deed goes unpunished" as I do thank you for working on this....However, it would be VERY helpful to either ONLY have the one file listed in the directory OR give the complete list and state which is/is not the correct version to use...81K file I assume...

Index of /jku/osso-gpsd

Icon Name Last modified Size Description[DIR] Parent Directory -
[ ] osso-gpsd-dbg_1.0-25..> 06-Feb-2008 11:30 90K
[ ] osso-gpsd-dev_1.0-25..> 06-Feb-2008 11:29 11K
[ ] osso-gpsd_1.0-25_arm..> 06-Feb-2008 11:29 81K

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Needed red pill here.

---------------------------------------------

Thanks jussik and all. I would rather do what jussik suggests given my level of knowledge in coding. Unless there are indications that other ways of changing the package are more appropriate in this case.

Best,
Antonio

here.david,

I originally made all three packages available, so I thought it wise to do the same this time. Which package you should re-install depends on which packages you installed in the first place. osso-gpsd_1.0-25_armel.deb is the "normal" gpsd package, so that would be a good guess.

-dev and -dbg packages are for development and debugging, respectively.

I changed the three packages in red pill mode. No message of downgrading appears, just the confirmation that the package was updated. I switched off the tablet for a few minutes and checked whether GPS worked. It's fine, but the fix is very slow...

Hope that Nokia will correct the GPS software in the next update...

Antonio