Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Hi there I dropped my N900 last night after a chase and the screen is cracked slightly in the top left and it has produced colourful lines down the screen =(

Where/how can I get a replacement screen? The touch capabilities work fine its just the screen.

I live in the UK also.

Thank you!

who was chasing you mate :-) iam nosey sorry

http://www.klc.fi/fin/ohje-en.php/

good for spares and genuine parts too

Originally Posted by KindArt View Post
Hi there I dropped my N900 last night after a chase and the screen is cracked slightly in the top left and it has produced colourful lines down the screen =(

Where/how can I get a replacement screen? The touch capabilities work fine its just the screen.

I live in the UK also.

Thank you!
Well you could always send it to Nokia, but you'd have to pay, or you could search on Ebay for parts and do it yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVEHm325-z8

I am not liable if you break you own device in the process of replacing the screen.

Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
who was chasing you mate :-) iam nosey sorry

http://www.klc.fi/fin/ohje-en.php/

good for spares and genuine parts too
A gang where i live called TP&QC and they tried to steal my phone and it dropped =(

I cant understand that website though!
Thanks for the youtube vid man!

Anyone else have any other links because that one is out of stock on screens =(

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hove, UK
I'm just wondering, are the digitiser and the LCD separate parts? seems a bit crazy if they're not - I've only cracked the glass (point impact) but the LCD is intact.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by in-effect View Post
I'm just wondering, are the digitiser and the LCD separate parts? seems a bit crazy if they're not - I've only cracked the glass (point impact) but the LCD is intact.
Glass? N900 doesnt have a glass. Glass is related to capacitive screens (iPhone..)

Digitizer part is
N900 TOUCH WINDOW ASSY 2691V9 55.00 €

LCD is sold separately
N900 LCD AM 800x480 LTPS CO Caucasus 4850238 89.00 €

According to klc.fi

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hove, UK
Okay thanks for clearing that up. Shame it's (still) out of stock. Oh and I was using 'glass' as a generic term, not a technically accurate description...

I got the exact same problem with the colours and crack in the top left.

I live in the U.K, I've asked normal phone shops all of them are saying it's £75.. Does anybody know how much it will cost to repair if I take it to an official nokia shop?